Posted by Joe Bower – Letter sent to the SOA Board on January 27, 2013
Thank you for allowing questions and comments to made by members of the Somersett Owners Association. Here is a suggestion.
Having lived in another HOA that had a very contentious issue facing the community and which was to be resolved by a vote of all association members, I would like to suggest that Somersett follow what was done in that association to help bring the matter of the New Agreement (Association/Golf Club) before all association members in a very informative manner.
- The Board appointed a committee of 4 anti people and 4 pro people with one board member being the liaison for the committee.
- The committee’s job was to come up with ten questions that were of concern to all association members.
- A community meeting was held before the voting took place.
- At that meeting each side of the committee publicly gave their answers to each of the ten questions.
- The questions and the answers given by both sides were put into a written document which was mailed to all association members with their ballot.
Also, I don’t know if in the case of the New Agreement the ballot will contain a single Approve/Disapprove question or more than one. If more than one, each needs to be voted upon individually.
Joe Bower, Del Webb Owner & Member SOA