Somersett Owners Association (SOA) Board Members
- Newly elected – Glenda Powell and David Nisenfeld
- Incumbents – Tony Fakonas, Susan Novell, Joe Fadrowsky
- A Pickle Ball court will be constructed on half of The Club at Town Center (TCTC) indoor sports court.
- TCTC member Clubs (e.g., Bridge, Mah Jongg, Book) are now open for participation by non-members subject to the following: 1) Clubs are required to register all participants, 2) Non-resident participation cannot exceed 25% of Club membership, 3) Non-members may purchase a 10-punch pass for $20, and 3) this applies only to organized Club attendance and not for any other amenity usage.
- The Master Plan Amenity RFP (solicitation for a company to study, recommend and estimate future amenity additions for the Somersett community) is still on hold pending clarification on community needs and additional meetings with potential vendors.
- The Communication Committee is proposing my.comersett.com website additions and development of a new website with improved resident communications. Hopefully this will include a homeowner forum section.
- A new community wide survey will be conducted in early 2016.
- There has been some discussion regarding a Communications Manager/Editor position within FirstServices Residential (the SOA Community Management Company).
2016 Board and Association Goals
The SOA Board has published their goals for 2016, which may be accessed by clicking on the following link:
Goals are discussed under the following categories:
- Staying within budget parameters while initiating cost savings ideas and contract reviews; maintaining exceptional service levels and planning for future growth
- Identify and Plan for Landscape Improvements
- Strategic Planning for community future growth
- Provide for exceptional communications to the homeowners throughout the course of the year
- Resolve Association’s outstanding community projects and issues
Readers are encouraged to access the above referenced link for details associated with each of the above categories as they address many issues raised in the past by Somersett residents. Specifically, guest usage of TCTC, improved communications, West Park concept and contingency plans for the Somersett Golf Club purchase agreement.
FirstServices Residential Staff Additions
- Ryan Dominquez – Assistant Community Manager. This is a new position whose duties will include overseeing the Associations various third party contracts.
- Diane Pollock – Manager, The Club at Town Center (TCTC). Ms. Polllock replaces Christina Cravens who left in May. Perhaps Ms. Pollock can institute some new processes that will alleviate member complaints regarding pool operations and “kids” activities.