The Somersett Owners Association (SOA) Board of Director (BOD) positions currently held by Tom Fitzgerald (President), Ryan Burns (Treasurer) and Steve Guderian (Secretary) are up for re-election this year. Indications are that two of the preceding will not be seeking re-election. SU believes it important that incumbents disclose their intentions in this regard, as it may influence the decision of others to run or not run. All three open positions are for a two-year term. The election process being as follows:
- Association members desiring to serve the community via the BOD must complete the required Candidate Form and return it by September 30th to the SOA office at The Club at Town Center (TCTC). Along with the required Form, Candidates may also include an optional one page “Candidate Statement” supporting their candidacy along with a “Head Shot”. Candidate Forms are available on the SOA website (http://somersett.net) under the “Seeking Candidates for Open SOA Board Positions” News posting. A copy may also be downloaded via the following link:
- Election Ballots along with the Candidate Form and optional Candidate Statements will be mailed to all Association Members by October 15th.
- Although not yet announced, if past practice holds, one or two “Meet the Candidate” nights will be scheduled shortly after the ballot mailings. This to allow Association Members to meet the Candidates, listen to their responses on fixed questions (prepared by the Communication Committee) and ask questions of their own.
- Ballots must be returned (in the provided secret ballot envelope) to the SOA by 1 PM on November 19th. It is expected that, as in the past, ballot boxes will be installed at both The Club at Town Center and Aspen Lodge for convenience. They may also be mailed as long as they are received by the 1 PM November 19th deadline.
- Ballots will be opened and counted at the November 19th Annual Homeowner Meeting at TCTC. Successful Candidates will be announced and will officially take office at that time.
Needless to say, new participation on the BOD is always a good thing. If you feel qualified and have a desire to serve your community, you are encouraged to “throw your hat in the ring” and submit your Board Candidate Form and Statement.
Any Candidate wishing to announce and publish any document supporting his or her candidacy on this website may do so via email to email@example.com