The previously published Agenda for the April 24th SOA BOD Meeting has been updated to include several new items. The BOD Meeting Packet supporting the meeting is also now available on the SOA website at www.somersett.net under the SOA/Committees & Meetings tab. The revised meeting agenda may be accessed via the following link:
Comments on some of the agenda items, as derived from the BOD Meeting Packet, follow:
SOA Committee Recommendations:
- 4.a. Finance – Committee recommendations include: 1) No objections to the proposed adjusted fee structure for AGC Submittals (see agenda item 6.c. below). 2) Supported the proposed expenditures for new gym equipment and the virtual fitness program (see agenda item 6.d. below). 3) Recommended engagement of David Hughes at a 10% commission rate (although not directly stated, it is assumed this is related to item 7.c. below).
- 4.b. Strategic Planning/Facilities – Also recommended the proposed expenditures for new gym equipment and virtual fitness program
- 4.c. Community Standards – Recommended appointment of Marilee Watts to the committee.
- 6.b. Rockery Wall Update – An update on the Rockery Wall repair project along with other SOA Engineering projects may be accessed via the following link:
- 6.c. Proposed AGC Fee Reduction – Owners, and prospective owners, will be happy if the proposed changes to AGC fees are approved. Except for Custom/Architectural submittals, all other AGC category fees have been reduced, with fully refundable deposits on the lower two categories of “External Changes” and “Desk Review”. The proposed new fee amounts along with a comparison to the existing fees may be viewed via the following link:
- 6.d. RFP’s for Gym Equipment Renovations – Three proposals from Commercial Fitness ($121,076), Equip Fitness ($128,949) and Sparks Fitness ($133,290) for TCTC Fitness Center equipment will be considered.
- 7.b. Clubhouse Sound System Replacement Proposal – From the BOD Meeting Packet, it appears that two proposals (Sierra Sound at $22,875 and DataCom Nevada at $23,245) for replacement of TCTC indoor and outdoor sound systems will be discussed. However, the proposals contained in the meeting packet are both well over a year old, and hence expired. Also, in the case of Sierra Sound, no details on what is being provided.
- 7.c. Contract Proposal for 2225 Pepperwood SOA Lot – Discussion on entering into a contract with a real estate agent (see item 4.a. above) for sale of the identified custom lot that the SOA acquired in foreclosure back in 2015. Agent was unidentified in the BOD Meeting Packet, but based on item 4.a above, believed to be SOA owner David Hughes. Proposal calls for a 10% commission. Is this normal? Home sales usually operate at a 6% fee. Perhaps some real estate agent out there would care to comment.
- 7.d. & e. Wintercreek Pocket Park/Trail Head Proposals – Involves two coordinated proposals (Environmental Protection Services and BrightView Landscape) for revegetation of poorly landscaped common area, additional plantings, fence repairs and irrigation system work in the Scott Valley Road area. Total for both proposals is $18,816.
- 7.f. & g. Rockery Wall Monitoring Proposals – Two proposals for enhanced rockery wall inspection and monitoring services. One from CFA for $10,500 set-up & $15,200 annual costs, and one from American Geotechnical for $24,000 set-up and $34,000 annual cost. Total cost of both proposals covering installation, and one year of inspection, review, data collection, etc is $83.700.
- 7.h. & i. Fire Hydrant Relocation and Manhole Cover Lowering – Two relatively low cost proposals. One from Gradex Construction for $6,916 to relocate a fire hydrant on Gypsy Hill Trail due to Rockery Wall repairs, and one from Sierra Nevada Construction for $7,500 to reposition manhole covers on Boulder Ridge Court.