The Somersett Owners Association (SOA) Board of Directors (BOD) open meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 at 5:30 PM at The Club at Town Center (TCTC) Sports Court. The Meeting Agenda may be accessed by clicking on the following link:
May 22nd BOD Meeting Agenda (Note wrong date, should read May 22 not April 24)
Details associated with noted agenda items follow:
- 4.a Budget & Finance Committee: 1) Finance has asked management for recommendations on areas within the operating budget that can be cut or deferred due to legal expenses associated with the James case causing budget concerns. 2) Maryann McKinley has resigned from the Committee. Vacant position will be advertised on the SOA website. Anyone wishing to serve is encouraged to submit an application. 3) Positions are also available on the Community Standards and Communication Committees
- 4.d Communication Committee: 1) Recommended guidelines for Charitable Organizations wishing to use SOA communication media (e,g, newsletters and SOA website). Guidelines include: a) Charities should be Somersett based, b) Charities should consist of primarily Somersett residents, c) Charities should be approved in advance by the Board as a ‘Somersett Group’, and d) A procedure developed for such groups to use to gain approvals. 2) Recommended acceptance of the D4 Advanced Media proposal (see New Business item 7.f below).
- 4.e General Manager: A rolling summary update for SOA engineering projects may be viewed via the following link. Note that a cost spreadsheet (past & present) of SOA engineering projects has been included: Padovan Consulting LLC., SOA Engineering Update, May 2019
6.0 Old Business:
- 6.a Legal Updates: 1) Having lost the James and McCullogh lawsuit (See previous post of March 13th entitled “ The Northgate Neighbors Verdict Is In!”, the SOA Attorney has now filed a non-opposition to the James and McCullough motions for recovery of legal fees. SOA liability amount has not yet been disclosed. 2) Somersett Development Company et. al. Lawsuit – The scheduled trial date of February 3, 2020 has been vacated along with all pretrial dates and discovery deadlines. Reset of these dates are to be determined as agreed to by the parties.
- 6.b Rockery Wall Update – Seth Padovan, SOA’s engineering consultant, will provide a verbal update. One may also refer to the “Rockery Wall Failures” section of the “Padovan Consulting, SOA Engineering Update, May 2019” link referenced above.
7.0 New Business:
- 7.a Split Rock Trail Repair: A proposal from Padovan Consulting to conduct a Topographic Survey ($1,900) and provide Design & Construction Management Services (T&M not to exceed $6,500) for low spot repair work along Split Rock Trail in the Boulders. An RFP will be prepared to obtain bids from vendors to perform the work.
- 7.b Re-Landscaping Along Gypsy Hill Trail: A proposal ($16,351) from BrightView for landscaping the repaired Gypsy Hill Trail Rockery Walls.
- 7.c Gypsy Hill Trail Rockery Wall Repair Change Order: A Change Order Request ($13,614) from Wadsworth Engineering for additional wall anchors.
- 7.d Gypsy Hill Trail Fire Hydrant Move: Unsure on the action item for this agenda item. A proposal from Gradex Construction for $6,916 to perform the work was approved at the April BOD Meeting.
- 7.e Revised Expense Policy: A proposed revision to the SOA’s Expense Policy, which establishes limits and required actions for Board approved expenditures as well as vendor bid requirements. A copy of the proposed Expense Policy may be viewed via the following link: SOA Expense Policy.
- 7.d Website Maintenance Contract Renewal: A proposal from D4 Advanced Media ($1,980) for continued maintenance of the SOA website.